From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 07:53:34 -0400
We are what most would call "sideline" beekeepers.
Our serious pocket change comes from high-tech
work, like managing networks and services for
Internet Service Providers and large companies.

As a result, we collect unusual or funny spam messages
the way some people collect stamps or baseball cards.

Within the past 24 hours, our anti-spam filters have trapped:

a)  At least 15 copies of an unsolicited message promoting a
     website that is nearly 100% content-free, except for
     the cryptic comment that the website is "about"
     "Golden Bee Products and Kimbolton Castle Queens".
     The website itself is hosted in the UK, but the registrant
     is apparently a fellow in Israel, one "Gal Moran", apparently
     of the firm "Karban-Moran Eng Ltd" of Tel Aviv, Israel.

b)  A smaller number of copies of a message from a dealer
     in Denmark for an Oxalic Acid vaporizer made by a
     Canadian firm named "Heilyser Technology Ltd."
     The dealer's name given in the spam was "Joachim Schuler"
     The website itself is a free "GeoCities" website.
     I assume that Heilyser had no idea that this fellow was
     going to be so aggressive in his attempts to sell their product.

This is the first time I have seen spam that was attempting to
promote beekeeping-related items.

When beekeepers spam other beekeepers, can the horsemen
of the apocalypse be far behind?  :)

        jim