From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:23:29 -0500
allen dick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Seems our group is divided into two, some who think wish that feral bees
are
>the answer to everything--

Hello Allen!

NO type of bee including ferals are the answer to everything.

But the best of the ferals, as are the best of 'any good stock' is the
answer to many problems, a good selection process being key here.

>Personally, to me it is obvious that all ferals must be escaped bees, but
>that the extent, in terms of time and distance, and degree of their
>independent existence is the real subject of interest--and of question.

Ths is of great intrest to myself also.  As Mozer has found feral bees
with "non-commercial" lineage, suggesting naturalized "New World" ecotypes
that are conceivably descendants of the earliest introductions.  It is
conceivable that ferals exist in other isolated places have lineages going
back many years.

Best Wishes,

Joe Waggle
EcologicalBeekeeping.com