From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 05:33:11 -0400
Yoon Sik Kim, Ph.D. said:

> ...although he did not mention about using thumbtacks, because racoons,
> possums, and skunks CAN rip the wire right out of the entrance.

Not if they never reach that far.  "Carpet tack strips" attached to the leading edges
of bottom boards appear to be effective "discouragement" for the smaller "problem"
mammals.  As I understand it, all these animals reach up with a paw and try to
scratch at the entrance area.  I assume that those who try very quickly "get my point".  :)

        jim