From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 10:01:25 +0100
Hi All

> The bees are not deprived of pollen. Not all is taken from the bees
> - it's the same as taking surplus honey from the bees.

It does not deprive bees of pollen, the more pollen that you remove, the
more bees are diverted to pollen collection rather than nectar gathering
(although in many cases both are occurring at the same time anyway).

I used to empty my traps on one, two or three day intervals according to
need and/or workload. Mouldy pollen happened on odd occasions, but they
were rare.

One of my traps was in use all summer long, it was permanently bolted
between two trestles that held five frame nucs. The colony positioned on
top of the trap was swapped every week or ten days for another one out
of a row of hives nearby.

Regards & Best 73s, Dave Cushman, G8MZY
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman or http://www.dave-cushman.net
Short FallBack M/c, Build 6.02/3.1 (stable)