From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2012 11:36:24 -0400
>I already wrote that Tom is working on this very issue right now. He has a lot more smarts and a lot more resources than anyone else I know; he has also enlisted Debby Delaney to do the genetic analysis. I am following their work closely and will report as more info becomes available.

Hello,

Thats good news!

I heard they were looking into this.
I think it is important to not ignore
any aspect of resistance in bees,
and this includes the ferals.

I agree,,, 'more smarts and resources', but
I understand my contact information
has given by someone to one of the
researchers you mention and so far NO
contact has been made to myself.
So are 'resources' actually being resourced?

-As we ALL know, I have been trumpeting
the very vigorous feral resurgence in my
area since 2006, and continually communicate
to the list the resources I have in being 1st
referral for bee removal at a leading pest
control company, who is very pro-honeybee
and is at the center of the South Western
Pennsylvanias feral resurgence.

We will see what resources the researchers
'choose' to include.  But would you think it be
logical to inquire about obtaining some
genetic material from ferals which are
relativity isolated from commercial beekeeping,
and reported to be in the midst of a
accelerated feral resurgence?  Its there
for the asking, -free of charge and in
confidence.

I remember a feral study done years ago
where feral bees were collected near
apiaries and analysed.  Well, this study
did not reflect an accurate picture of
the feral population as a whole.  So
'perhaps' we will learn allot about ferals
near to university campuses and commercial
apiaries in this study also.

Best Wishes,
Joe Waggle