Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 08:45:39 PDT
Dave Green wrote:

<<Can't say I'd NEVER do this, but I sure can't recommend it as a routine
method. Do you realize how much stress this causes the bees? >>

Yes, there is a better way of course.

The excluder method is for finding a queen when you
MUST find the queen AND she is to be killed.
Traveling to remote yards is such an occasion.
There is no substitute for skill developed by
repeated attempts at finding a queen.

The excluder method was offered as one way to find
a queen, and is not the best way to do it. It is
simply one of many to choose from. Each beekeeper
uses a variety of methods for various manipulations,
and it is up to him to choose the best method
for a given situation.

Grist Mill Apiary

Ernie Gregoire

Canaan, NH. USA