From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2008 09:15:06 -0400
C Hooper wrote: (actually quotes fro the Globe article-

> It's an intriguing idea, but even a staunch advocate of honey for this use acknowledges that there's
> virtually no published, scientific evidence to support his view…

Interesting quote from the beekeeper-
> "If you take small amounts daily, it's like getting allergy shots" because you may become desensitized to the
> pollens, he said. "I hear from people who are crazy about the results they get" from this, he added.
>
> But as for real data? Zilch. "You can't get a big bee company to do research because it [the honey] has to be
> local," he said.

There is a study that does disprove it. Check the archives.

You could nail him for practicing medicine without a license. It is one thing to sell honey to someone who tells
you that they do it for allergies, and quite another to promote it as an alternative to allergy shots. I have a
friend who gets honey from me every season for allergies, even though I tell them it really does not work
(certainly does not on me). They think it does and that is enough for them.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine