From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2014 05:02:27 -0500
> I have yet to meet Dr. Hayes...
> Dr Hayes, by being so flamboyant and combative...

Doesn't this show how well the Syngenta smear campaign worked?
Very negative terms are used to describe a complete stranger.

> While I abhor the Syngenta internal plotting to
> attack Dr Hayes personally (as opposed to
> scientifically scrutinizing his research and conclusions),
> I can also see how any business would want to defend
> their product from what they believed was
> unsubstantiated criticism.

> ...my impression... did not support Hayes' contentions

But if it was so easy for you to find  the work at issue lacking, why would
Syngenta scheme to marginalize the man, rather than refute his work?  Don't
Syngenta's actions imply that they felt they could not successfully refute
his claims through the usual process? Recall that Syngenta asked him to do
the exact work they disliked, so they thought he clearly was the best man
for the job before they saw his data.

> I also have [received] hate mail...

This is much more serious than a disagreement among beekeepers, this was
clear evidence of a specific corporate campaign to smear and personally
discredit a credentialed publishing research scientist at a top-notch
institution, rather than to simply rebut or refute the work at issue.