From:
Scott Koppa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2016 18:49:01 +0000
per Steve Petrilli:
"I was thinking about getting one of those small gasoline powered portable generators which you can purchase for less than $100 (usually around $90) at a local Harbor Freight company.    It is very small and can be carried with one hand (some people use them for camp sites) and they produce typically  800 to 900 watts VAC.  Most also have a 12vdc plug and some even now have a vdc USB port you can plug your cell phone or tablet in to charge it."

Highly recommended. I picked up a 2000 watt portable propane generator last year to run my leaf blower to clear out honey supers (Sportsman model). It is the bomb. And running it dry after each use is simplicity itself; you just turn off the propane tank and wait about 5 seconds. Stores clean, starts immediately. I think I paid $250. It's less than 50 lbs.

Skillman, NJ