From:
Andrew Dubas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 11:32:01 -0400
------Original Message------

>Surely there is no honey in foundation?

Yes I first noticed it when melting down like 40-50 pounds of scrap
foundation, I saw this oily substance on top.. well this past week when I
was extracting I went to render my cappings and found the same thing,
definately not honey & water. The first batch rendered did not have the oily
substance in it. When I did the second batch of cappings It was there at
that point I realized that while I was extracting the second batch of honey
a frame totally broke up so I through all the comb from that frame in my
cappings holder, so when I rendered those cappings(the second batch) there
was that oily stuff on top and im possitive it was from the foundation that
was at the base of the comb that I threw into my cappings holder. so thats
why Im upset that this stuff is in my good cappings wax and I cant sift it
or anything Im going to have to make a candle with it to test it... Just
bugs me..  I hate impurities in my wax :)

>        My thoughts. Old Chinese foundation. There were reports >of
>adulterated foundation being imported. Is it possible that this >is
>some of it?

very possible... now to figure out what it is...and how it will affect the
burning of my candles...

Andrew Dubas
www.dubees.com