From:
Richard Spiekhout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Aug 1998 09:46:12 EDT
Thanks for all of the opinions on greenhouse bees.  This is a very informative
list. I have concluded from the convoluted verbage that my idea would work but
is not practical.
Next Question;  Most hives are made of pine.  I have a good quantity of red
cedar and woodworking skills.  Cedar keeps moths out of closets and cedar
chests do the same.  Cedar shavings, when used for bedding, help keep your
dogs free of fleas. Cedar also resists rot and weathers nicely.   I have seen
cedar bottom boards advertised so I assume that it is ok with the bees.  If
the wooden ware were constructed of cedar, would this help repel mites?
I know I can ask some dumb questions but I,m new to this and you guys have
"been there, done that" , so thanks for the help.
Richard