Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 14:19:43 GMT+0200
Hi Tom

As regors your propolis question: how to get it of your suit - I have
had this problem with it getting on my shirts (I usually avoid suits
as they cause you to get stung)

To remove place a jar with chloroform under the stain - place another
jar on the other side and push it's neck into contact with the
chlorform jar - invert repeatedly until most of the stain is
disolved. Then, use a little clean just to remove the excess stain.
Works quite well - anything the chloroform does not dissolve can be
dissolved by a hot wash in your washing machine with a bioactive
washing powder.

As regards the elastic bands on the sleeves: Bees always get in suits
- unless you are working scutellata it should not be neccessary to
wear a suit - they cause you to get stung - remember, if you use your
smoker right any bee which gets inside your suit does not actually
want to sting you - it wants to get out - and if your suit is all
sealed, that is difficult - a loose t-shirt with the bottome untucked
is much better and you get stung less - if neccessary wear a veil. It
must be white.

Hope that helps

Keep well

Garth

Garth Cambray           Camdini Apiaries
Grahamstown             Apis mellifera capensis
Eastern Cape Prov.
South Africa

Time = Honey

After careful consideration, I have decided that if I am ever a V.I.P
the I. may not stand for important.
(rather influential, ignorant, idiotic, intelectual, illadvised etc)