Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2008 08:22:29 -0500

> The important point about Seeley's bees
> is  that the colonies are widely separated from each other.  Maybe we could
> each establish a single hive in a friend or relative's garden, or in an
> isolated
>  area where there are no other hives nearby.

Sort of defeats the current model of beekeeping and just what are we
breeding? What you need is the pressure of the pest not the isolation of the
bees from the pest. All you are breeding then is a susceptible bee. I asked
Seeley if the bees would survive in a normal apiary and his answer was no.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine