From:
Bill Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 1996 22:02:08 -0500
        As to the use of Formic Acid for U.S. for Varroa mite control, it was
mentioned at yesterday's Maryland Beekeeper's Association meeting that Formic
Acid may be registered in the US by the end of the year.   Also discussed was
the experimental work of one of our beekeepers on controlling Varroa with
peppermint and wintergreen oils- sounds promising.
        As to someone admitting that he knowingly used an illegal chemical on
a public list like BEE-L, I think it unlikely.   I'm sure that at least one
of our subscribers works for some sort of pesticide law enforcement agency,
or would otherwise be in a position to raise a big stink about what (I hope)
would be an isolated incident.   Remember the Alar fiasco, folks?

W. G. Miller
Gaithersburg, MD