From:
Mark Hayward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 08:38:35 +1000
I too really enjoyed reading The Beemaster of Warrilow - very prosaic and it
also contained some interesting snippets of information. One was how the
Beemaster used oil of wintergreen smeared on himself to avoid getting stung when
trying to cut wild colonies from trees in the woods.  Has anyone tried this and
does it work?? Anything to avoid a few stings from those nasty colonies.

I'm also interested to know if the other books are as good or better than the
Beemaster..., and whether they have also been re-published or whether I will
just have to keep searching the second hand stores.

Yours in beekeeping from Oz

Mark Hayward