From:
John Macdougall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2018 17:39:22 +0000
Anyone have any experience of the World Bee Project and its operations?

Seems UK based but claiming international reach. I have not heard of it before. See http://worldbeeproject.org/world-bee-project-hive-network/ It is not obvious to me what the output of the organisation actually is and how all this data it plans to collect will be made available  "to help beekeepers ".

This BBC article on the project (See full article at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46131255 ) goes on about the decline of honey bees in the UK and the US.

"In the UK, for instance, the number of honey bees fell by 54% between 1985 and 2005. In the US the number of honey-producing bee colonies fell from 5.9 million to 2.4 million between 1947 and 2008 - a fall of 59%."   Is this true?