From:
Richard Cryberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2014 06:56:42 -0700
"You would not believe some of the virulent
 email I've received for playing ...."

Fortunately, at least in my opinion, our regulatory agencies are generally mostly science driven.  At least some in the anti pesticide group are not really interested in what science shows unless it supports a ban.  Being anti pesticide is more religion than science to them.  My opinion is no amount of science will budge them.  Anyone who thinks enough science will provide a final answer to any pesticide question for all people is kidding themselves.  I guess we all have such blinders on someplace in our lives.  After all, we have two major political parties and the opposite sides can not seem to agree on much of anything most of the time.  We have three major religions in the world which all seem to worship the same God as far as I can tell.  The Koran even says they all worship the same God.  I know it says that as once I read a hunk of it out of curiosity.  Yet they can seldom seem to agree on much other then the other guy is bad.  If big things like
 that are so polarized how can something as simple as pesticides ever get universal agreement?

On a happier topic I am just amazed at how a couple of my really weak hives coming out of winter are building up.  These were so weak it was questionable if they were worth saving.  Under a single frame of bees the first of May.  The population is simply exploding.  What amazing recovery capabilities!

Dick

" Any discovery made by the human mind can be explained in its essentials to the curious learner."  Professor Benjamin Schumacher talking about teaching quantum mechanics to non scientists.   "For every complex problem there is a solution which is simple, neat and wrong."  H. L. Mencken