From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:20:55 -0800
Paul though for some reason I want to say Dan:

This practice by the EPA with deadlines such as this has
been common for as long as I can remember. So you and other
commercial should be aware and on lookout always for same,
and react accordingly. Here the pesticides mentioned are
seemingly the same/similar, even going back into the
1970s/1980s and earlier BIPP years. Consequently you should
be saving and keep always on hand the very information you
are now seeking to be in anticipation of these yearly
needs, that show industry's numerous anecdotal accounts of
problems with all of those pesticides from our current
population of hobbyists and commercial beekeepers.

But, I do disagree that the EPS's intimation that accounts
of pesticide kills are on the wane...............it just
seems that way in the numbers counting game, for as numbers
of colonies in the USA wane due to IMPOV various internal
treatments for maladies of mites, SHB, and associated
diseases for treat and control measures instead of getting
rid of the problem long-haul, lessor numbers of overall
colonies to show in ratio to would indeed make the count
seem as lessening of a problem in the big paper mill of
life.

But to put the blame on Christians, when you could be in
bed with the same pesticidal users in the field by way of
all the various treatments within by beekeepers doping in
many cases by anymeans as recently pointed out in the
Dakotas as an example is not good practice either.

For I was always taught to fight pesticides, practice
should be, one doesn't use....period, then cloudy lines
cannot be drawn of who's usage in the field or elsewhere, u
that kills or dameages honeybees, is then readily known
from obvious source.

But I sure hope you get the replies for lobbying you are
looking for, just don't do it with fence walkers!

Respectfully submitted,

Dee A. Lusby
Small Cell Commercial Beekeeper
Tucson, Arizona
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OrganicBeekeepers/

(Thinking If we as beekeepers don't put dopes in a hive,
then someone else has to be doing it!)