From:
Janko Bozic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1992 17:21:08 -0500
Dear Bee Netters interested in

   VARROA AND ALLOGROOMING BEHAVIOUR

For last 3 years I have recorded some hours of video recordings about
allogrooming behaviour in carniolan bee. I'm just preparing detailed
quantitative description of allogrooming behaviour. I haven't got any spot
with grooming Varroa mites. I've also never observed Varroa removal
during direct observation of allogrooming behaviour in observation hives.
Have any one seen Varroa removal made by conspecifics or even have some
photos or video recordings for Apis mellifera species ?
I know only for observations of damages on Varroa mites founded
at the hive bottom (Ruttner and el 1992, Apidologie 23,173-187).H

Janko Bozic
University Ljubljana
Department of Biology
Askerceva 2