From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2010 22:45:29 -0400
apologies to subscribers for the duplicate submission; I'm sleuthing
reported problems with posts....
---

> Aside from CCD, does anybody know if honey bees (and other insects):  1.
> Utilize vitamin C in the their bodily processes?

I looked up ascorbic acid in the index of  "Insect Diets" by Allen Carson
Cohen (Do you have that one, Bob?) and see 14 lines each of which contains
multiple page references, so it figures strongly in insect diets.  I have an
appointment and don't have time to read them all, but Vitamin C seems to be
significant in insect diets.

Moreover, when subjected to torture on BEE-L years ago, Andy revealed that
Tang is the "secret ingredient" in some California bee diets.

Just go to HTTP://WWW.BEE-L.ORG and type "Tang" into the archive advanced
search pane for some fascinating reading.  Make sure the "substring" box is
NOT checked.