Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2011 18:43:31 GMT
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
Peter, I'm baffled as to what I'm being accused of here.

My wife and I wrote a book ("The Complete Idiot's Guide to Beekeeping" for clarity).  Everything in the book is exactly as we practice beekeeping with one small exception...we have been experimenting with mostly top entrances and screened bottom boards....because this changes many of the dynamics in the hive (when compared to solid or screened bottom boards with bottom entrances and telescoping covers), and because we are not convinced that there is a net benefit to using top entrances over bottom, we recommended the standard tops and bottoms for our readers.

Although I'm in the habit of signing my name "deknow" rather than with my full name, or my 3 initials, i'm hardly difficult to find (deknow.com forwards to BeeUntoOthers.com and a google search of "deknow" or "deknow beekeeping" will find us easily as well), and of all the things I've been accused of, having some kind of hidden "bias" is the most absurd.  I've posted extensively here on Bee-L and on numerous other beekeeping forums, with a consistent user name, and more importantly, a consistent viewpoint (even if some of the details change based on experience and learning from others)....nothing is hidden....and I doubt anyone that reads Bee-L on any kind of regular basis isn't aware of at least some of my biases and opinions.

>I wouldn't even buy a book as one that claims "one size fits all" -- especially about beekeeping.

....I'm scratching my head here...who said anything about "one size fits all"?  The quote you posted indicated that ours was a treatment free approach...how is that "one size fits all"?

deknow

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

Guidelines for posting to BEE-L can be found at:
http://honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm

ATOM RSS1 RSS2