From:
Michael Reddell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 23:21:27 -0800
Joel Govostes wrote:

> Sorry all, I posted to the previous message to the entire list by accident.

I for one like to see the answers to these kinds of questions on the
list.  I know the traffic tends to be a little heavy but it's
frustrating when someone asks a good question and the answer goes off
line.  For example, I recently started a thread about working with kids
in beekeeping.  Most of the responses I have received have been personal
notes.  Some subscribers are not interested in this subject, but some
are, based on the private response I've gotten.  Most of you don't know
about the wide assortment of people on the list who are or have been
involved in youth beekeeping projects because you didn't see the
beekeeping programs in Slovenia, 'home of the Yugo bee'.

I don't advocate cluttering the list with personal conversations, but I
do think we should all consider whether there might be general interest
in a response before sending it to only one person.

I routinely delete without reading the threads that don't interest me,
and I prefer this to not seeing answers to the ones I am interested in
because someone is overly concerned about burdening the list.

Michael Reddell
http://www.hotcity.com/~mwr