From:
Gene Ash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2018 05:23:58 -0600
a James Fischer snip followed by > my comments..
So, the "private equity firm" that bought Brushy Mountain Bee Farm from the
Forrests did not actually have enough "private equity" to do the deal, but
instead, merely refinanced the company debt after buying from the Forrests.

>I am sure it is not new news for you Jim but isn't that what private equity firms do.  Basically financially leveraging the firm to the point where it either pays for all the lawyers that did the paper work for the exchange of ownership or collapses.  Again it is a classical business case of trying to grow too fast with too little financial reserves. And the business wisdom of... growth is good but growth too fast, not so much.

>And yes borrowed money is at historical lows but even small change in interest rate X a large enough $ value borrowed can still = a very large number.

Gene in Central Texas...