From:
Marko Randjic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 17:39:50 +0100
   Hello,

   I have read about yet another way of treating this disease. I wonder
whether it is used in other countries, since it seems to be the most effective
of the all previously mentioned. It is best applied on LR hives. Brood frames
are moved into honey storage part of the hive (which is separated from the
brooding are by a grating). They are replaced by empty frames. A queen bee
must then be treated with medicine and it should start to produce healthy
brood. Infected larvae are easier detected and expelled by bees, since they
are now in honey storage area. This method should be used only by an
experienced beekeeper. However, as it was shown by the recent discussion in
some countries (including my country, Yugoslavia), any case of foulbrood has
to be reported to the local inspector. No treatment is allowed without a
veterinarian. Sometimes the infected colonies are destroyed and beekeeper gets
the compensation for his loss.

Marko