From:
Harry Goudie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 May 1999 19:04:59 +0100
>Since I haven't worn gloves in over 20 years, and often work without a veil
>or put on demonstrations of bee beards;  I cannot agree with Linda who said
>"we never get stung"  That is not beeKEEPING, but rather beeHAVING.
>
>        George Imirie

I must say that I do not agree with George here.  Beekeeping is the art of
looking after your bees  ie trying to ensure that they are healthy and
happy.  It has nothing to do with whether YOU get stung or whether YOU are
happy or unhappy.  Many so called beekeepers today are actually honey
farmers who care very little about there bees, only how much honey/profit
they make at the end of the year!

Harry