From:
Anne Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 14:41:34 EST
Hello--
I've read/heard from different sources that eating local pollen helps to ease
seasonal allergies. (recently, I've heard that cappings have a similar
effect.) I have also heard that the honey from saw palmetto shares the
benefits that this plant has for prostate problems.  While I do not know if
there's any scientific evidence to back these claims, I think they make
sense. People have been using bee products for centuries for a range of
health issues. My questions:

        1.  What other potential benefits have people heard of, and are there
studies to
             back them up?

        2. If pollen and honey can help some people with allergies, can they
have a
            negative/reverse effect on others, the way bee stings do?

thanks for any input/ideas/references...
anne becker,
New York, NY
"Beehive:fine honeys and bee products from around the world."