From:
"Matthew W." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 11:25:20 -0700
Abebooks.com, Bibliofind.com, Alibris.com - all GREAT search engines on
hard-to-find bee books.  Alibris and Abebooks are easy to use and usually come
up with a wide selection of bee books.
I found an old copy of C.C. Miller's "Fifty Years Among the Bees" on Stahlman
apiaries website.  Anyone else have a site with a bunch of used bee-books?

My question is, where is a good source to value old bee books?  Pre-1850's
books can be found $200-$500 but what is a good price to pay?  I've purchased
several Maurice Maeterlinck books - first editions(1901) for $5-$10 on ebay,
only to find them listed on Abebooks or Bibliofind for $200-$300!  I know
they're not worth more than what I paid but some of these booksellers
certainly price 'differently'.

Anyone have a copy of T.B. Miner's "The American Bee Keeper's Manual"
(1849-1851)?  Or other old bee-book(s) with significance they want to sell to
the next generation of beekeepers?

Matthew Westall
--
     //        Earthling Bees