From:
Andy Nachbar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 06:25:54 -0700
At 05:47 AM 9/11/97 -0400, you wrote:

>What is the best way to store *unused* foundation until next season?  I
>have a lot of cut comb foundation

You got a real problem with this kind of foundation as no matter how careful
you are it may oxidize over time and become unattractive as cut comb
foundation. But more times then not the bees will clean/shine it up and no
one will be the wiser.

>I have seen moth larva chew through plastic food bags to get at food in my
>closets.  I don't trust that wrapping the foundation plastic will stop the
>little critters.  Suggestions?

Commercially your foundation supplier makes only what he can sell in any
one year and storage is not a problem. I would suggest for small amounts of
bee foundation a 2nd freezer or an electric ice box in working condition
would be
a low cost solution.

ttul, Andy-