From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 12:18:31 -0500
Hello Allen & All,

> I hope others won't be discouraged from posting weird and wonderful ideas
> because some dismiss them out of hand.

I will post a couple of topics which have produced heated debates at
beekeeper meetings and always end without being settled.  Maybe the list
will try these.

Does the drone ALWAYS die after mating?   Bee books say he does but
unproveable by researchers. It is true mating signs are seen at times.

Why does the queen cell look like a first grader made it out of modeling
clay?
Darwin said the cell was so perfect.  The queen cell is out of sync with the
other cells,cappings etc.. The size of queen cells always vary compared to
size differences in worker cells and drone cells. Perfect queens *can* come
out of small cells as well as large although queen breeders believe the
better queens come out of larger cells.

If I think for awhile I can remember other subjects which envoked heated
debate and a wide range of opinions.
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Odessa, Missouri
Ps. What's with those peanut indention's in queen cells when all other cells
are smooth?