Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2008 20:59:45 GMT
>>...otherwise there will always be new swarms entering this "breezy" home.  Chemicals are not a long term answer.

I agree with you.  This house used to have cedar shingles and the homeowner put on vinyl siding earlier this year in the hope, among others, to keep the bees out.  The siding job was decent and the bees had to struggle to squeeze between the aluminum trim and the vinyl siding and then crawl another 25" to get to the first honey comb behind the insulation in the floor joists bet. the 1st and 2nd floors...  I was floored by their determination.  Or was it desparation.  The squeezing was particularly tough on the bees...

While I hate using chemicals, it's impossible to find and seal all such passages on a big house.

Waldemar