From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 2010 22:22:54 -0800
>Well, I am assuming that the entry for spores is through the gut somewhere
and that the growth from spores must begin somewhere like the gut, or how do
they get to the epithelial cells.

The polar body injects the spore contents directly through the cell wall.
No growth needs to take place outside the cell, where the antifungal would
have its greatest effect.

> >I have no idea if these preservatives have any effect on nosema, but the
> inconsistent reports that protein feeding having a positive effect makes me
> wonder.

Allen, they certainly could have effects upon the other endosymbionts!

Randy Oliver