From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 2015 22:53:14 -0400
Thank you Adam for posting the link to this full paper.  You must have an
alert on your computer since you posted the link one day after the article
was published.  Considering that the paper directly addresses a topic that
has been discussed at great lengths on this list:  the apparent disparity
between laboratory studies and field studies looking at neonicotinoids and
bees I am very surprised that three days have passed and no one has
commented on your post of the paper.  I recommend reading it.

http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/282/1819/20152110

I also feel somewhat vindicated by the paper.  They found the unexpected
situation that imidacloprid (from previous years applications) was also
present along with the thiamethoxam that the oil seed rape was seed treated
with.  I posted at length about this on the bee-l many years ago because
Jim Kemp found the same situation in New Brunswick in canola following
imadocloprid treated potatoes but the results were never published.

Stan