From:
Bill Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 1996 22:37:39 -0400
Where to put the extra entrance for supers?

Personally, I don't like holes in supers or hive bodies.   You can stick your
hand over it when you are pulling the super off the hive (ouch!) and you have
to remember to plug the holes when you stack the supers for storage
(potential wax moth entrance.

On my hives, I use notches cut in the inner covers as upper
entrances/ventilation holes the year round.  During supering season, I use
Imirie Shims  (we discussed them this Spring) or sticks under one side of the
supers to proivide extra entrances.

W. G. Miller
Gaithersburg, MD