From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 22:31:04 -0600
> Allen is trying to quietly *kill* the messengers.

Shame on you, Bob.

This is not about personality.  This is all about acting responsibly.

I am a moderator of this list and as such my intent is simply to see that no
one person or group hijacks BEE-L or abuses the list by any means, including
by posting charges which cannot be substantiated.  My interest in this is in
seeking and maintaining reasonable objectivity on the list.

If you think for a moment, you will realise that this latest and provocative
personal charge quoted above does not make sense.  This Arizona matter does
not affect me personally, since I am a Canadian.  All these bees are far
from me, and separated from me by a  border with an embargo against
importation.   Perhaps you think that because I recently examined the Lusby
bees and had an article published about my observations, that I am on that
'side'.  Frankly, as far as I am concerned, in this and most other such
matters there are no sides, except the side of careful, objective
consideration, and the side of snap judgements, and passionate, blind
conviction.  I'm not on 'Dee's side'
 or 'Bob's side'.  I'm just interested in the objective, unvarnished and
unspun truth.

If what you have claimed can be supported in full, that makes your input
very interesting and worthy of discussion.  If on the other hand, your
claims are exaggerations and misinterpretations, then we need to know.

You have been repeatedly asked to provide any credible documentation for
your serious charges and have refused to take any effort to do so, but
rather have just repeated and even expanded them.

Therefore, since you cannot -- or will not -- prove your claims, I have
approached the authority you claim to be quoting, to see if there is any
support there for your understanding or if you are stretching the thing
beyond what is reasonable.  If there is a response -- and I am not sure that
if I were being used as Dr. D-H is being used here that I would respond -- I
will share it with the list, assuming that response is sent to me and not
the list as a whole.  As for any correspondance I might have with any of the
scientists involved beyond statements provided for release, that is NOYB.  I
try to be discreet.

If there is any credibility to your interpretation, Bob, we will all thank
you.

If not, then you may have to apologise.

Again.

In the meantime, I hope to read no more wild conjecture on the topic or
personal attacks on members here on BEE-L.

allen