Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2010 09:09:56 -0400
> [don't know what to tell you about the formatting, it's not my fault]

Actually, message formatting varies depending on the email software chosen
by the writer and its settings.  Most people have no more clue about that
than they do about what happens under the hood of their car, but learning
the software is not difficult and tuning it up is not a difficult or dirty
as tuning a vehicle.

These days, the default setup seems to be "HTML", not "plain text" and it
causes a lot of grief due to long line lengths, strange characters appearing
in cut and paste material and and difficulty in delineating quotes.

For the utmost clarity and universality, "plain text" is recommended in
outgoing messages, however most people do not know how to set up their
software to achieve that, even though it is available in settings or the
format menu.

Personally, I set my client to create all email as plain text by default and
only call up the HTML setting when sending pictures or pasting in material
copied from a web page.

So, the formatting *is* under one's control.

Then, again, for posting, reading and searching there is the web interface
to this list at http://www.BEE-L.org

Posts made from there are formatted by the server and the user has no
control.

For that matter folks, if you never have seen the web interface, visit
http://www.BEE-L.org and look around.