From:
Rett Thorpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 10:22:37 -0600
Norm, I am only a first year beekeeper myself, so understand that
anything I say comes from very little experience.  However, I have heard
that you should leave the excluder off until the bees have a good start
on drawing out the comb.  Otherwise they will never pass through the
excluder to start drawing it out.  Your message sounded like you put on
the excluder when you added the super of undrawn foundation (is that
correct?).  I dont know if this is the cause of your lack of honey, but
something to think about anyway.  Replies from someone who has a bit
more experience and knowledge would be appreciated.