From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 2017 08:33:11 -0500
I said this before, maybe it was overlooked:

For $99, These guys sell a kit with a Limit of detection (LoD) of 0.007 ppb
for glyphosate in water, so the state of the art is likely much more
sensitive.

http://hrilabs.org/glyphosate-testing/water/

James,  need to check, that's not a test kit,  that's a sample kit.  You
collect the sample for 99  and send it to them.   You missed so many key
points in this discussion!  The wonderful article in the NYT and other
places does not seem to be backed up by any data or testing info,  it seems
to be a Press release only.

One detail is that its checking for metabolites,  I am wondering if that's
even a valid method in this case.   As for LOD,  typical math would say we
need a gauge R&R of 10 fold,  so to have any real confidence in a number
such as 1.74  the measurement would have to be accurate  to .00174   you
could drop a couple decimal places and get better    but with the majority
of the numbers at .5  I am not sure I would agree to drop that myself.
In this case if they are actually checking a metabolite (meaning the
breakdown material) how did the then extrapolate?  I don't seem to be able
to find any info on that anywhere.

Charles