From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2017 06:31:45 -0700

> >I need some input from this learned group

I'd suggest that we are a *learning* group...

My question then is, as long as there is a double QE and honey frame
> barrier  (say 10) between the queens will the bees from the two colonies
> allow the queens to coexist or will they eventually kill one of the queens?

I've successfully overwintered two queens in a single, divided by a
vertical plywood divider board, covered by an excluder, with a shared box
of honey above.  The workers have the ability to readily pass between the
two queens' brood chambers.  I observed good queen survival in the ten test
hives.

And yes, the question always is whether the benefit is worth the hassle.
For a labor-intense system, refer to
 Dave Tegart (1984) Two-Queen Hive Management Using Package Bees in the
Peace River Area, Alberta, Canada, Bee World, 65:2, 80-84, DOI:
10.1080/0005772X.1984.11098780

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA