From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2012 17:54:31 -0400
Hello Bill,

I played bass guitar in rock bands for about
30 years.  The only trouble with bees we
had was not with honeybees, but with
yellowjackets in the fall.

You see,,,, , sometimes bands will use fog
machines for theatrical effect.  Many
of the fog liquids used contain scents which
mimic cotton candy or other sweets.  Our
lighting technician tended to be a bit
trigger happy with the fog, and we were
banned from using it in many places
due to the fog setting off fire alarms
and 'obstructing clear view of the exits'.

The fog happened to leave a sticky coating
on all our equipment.  And when we played
outdoor gigs in the fall, our equipment would
attract yellowjackets by the hundreds.

Best Wishes,
Joe Waggle