From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 07:52:06 -0600
Hello All,
Murray wrote:
 From a selfish  point of view, the fewer people who convert the better, as
it locks  people into the lower productivity levels and keeps the price I
get for  my crop nice and high.

I had to chuckle at the above. Maybe Murray has bought stock in the
polystyrene hive industry?

The simple truth is bees hoard nectar in a honey flow and are only limited
by colony size and storage space. I would have to run a few tests myself or
see the results of tests run before I would buy into the idea that bees in
polystyrene hives out produce  bees in wood hives by any significant amount
with all other factors being equal year after year. I will keep a open mind
and await further information.

Bob