From:
Keith Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:19:38 -0800
Hi Bob,

> It is hard for beekeepers to understand the value of added varroa pressure.

I understand completely, in addition I am adding cold weather and light deprivation in winter pressure.

> The small cell group believe 4.9 mm is the correct size for bees.

This is not true, you may need more study of the group. c]:~)>

>  We are considering a large import of
> Purvis Brothers Gold line II breeder queens into Australia so the Gold line
> queens can return heading up Australian package bees for those wanting
> varroa tolerant queens.

In essence this is what I do with my line to California to bring back in package bees for myself and other beekeepers up here wanting cold and varroa tolerant bees for wintering. I sent several breeder queens reared and mated from my best wintering colonies to California, daughters from these queens will be sent back in package bees next spring if all goes well.

 . ..   Keith Malone, Chugiak, Alaska USA, http://www.cer.org/,
c(((([ , Apiarian, http://takeoff.to/alaskahoney/,