From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 06:41:00 -0500

>Bro. Adams had a firm conviction however that supercedure queens never met
>his standards for quality queens compared to ones he had grafted...he mostly
>attributed this to the fact that a supercedure queen is the offspring of a
>failing queen...

While supercedure queens might be the offspring of failing queens, I
wouldn't think it would effect their genetics. If a quality queen is
superceded, does it mean that her offspring would necessarily be
inferior? Mraz always said that the bees know better that we which
larva to use.

Bro. Adam believed that the best queens came from the swarming
impulse, so he made his cell builders with 20 frames of brood. When
that brood emerged, the colony population exploded, and swarming
preparations were started by the bees. I think it's more about
nutrition and population of nurse bees.
Mike