From:
"David. E. Goble" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 1996 11:27:02 -0400

>We have used incubators to house Queen cells in for years. To date we have
>not seen any diffrence in the size or weights of our queens due to running
>the incubators at lower temperatures (93 F) we often times will lower the
>temperature a degree or two to delay emergence of the Queens because of
>weather etc.. As the lower temp. retards the development of the queens I do
>not understand how it could make the queens any Bigger or Stronger. If
>anybody else has any experence in this, I would be glad to hear about it. If
>I could get bigger stronger Queens from lowering the Temperature I would do
>it all the time.
>
>Dean Breaux
>Hybri-Bees

Hi Dean,

        Yes there is a period and a temperature that will cause death.

        However the most important period of a bee larvae is the royal jelly
supply, if this is reduced or termenated early the bee will bee undersized
or malformed , and have a reduced physical strength.

        Therefore the most important period to maintain a good regular
temperature in a hive or incubator is this period of the feeding of the larvae.

        Regards,
                Dr Brian E Goble PhD
                Ecology Research Centre

Thanks from :
                 http://www.eastend.com.au/~goble
            [log in to unmask] ( David Goble )
           American Beach Kangaroo Island South Australia