From:
P-O Gustafsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 1999 09:20:05 +0200
Stan Sandler wrote:

>  that I had a
> larger amount of supersedure after requeening when I was changing races
> (introducing Carniolan or Caucasian queens to Italian bees).

Yes, it's happened to me too. And I have a feeling it's more common in
aggressive hives. There is less acceptance to introduced queen cells also
in those. In the worst case when I knocked off the old queen, waited
until there was no open brood and removed all "home-made" cells before
giving them my queen cell, they let her fly to mate and lay a few eggs before
kicking her out and make a new queen from eggs she laid.

Those bees are no fun!

--
Regards

P-O Gustafsson, Sweden