Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 2013 16:28:16 -0600
Several more things...

> I just made 20 walks away splits with 1 frame of capped brood, 1 frame of
> milk brood, a good shake of bees, 1 frame of honey, 2 frames of wax
> foundation, syrup and pollen sub patties.

Are they in standard boxes or nuc boxes?  Confining them to a small
space for the first 4 weeks could be beneficial as they will not expand
much.  The first new brood hatch after the two frames you provided is 6
weeks off.

> if I saw the queen I took her, put them all in a queen bank just in
case.

Why waste these queens?  I'd use them in the splits.  Odds are some are
quite young and the old ones are better than nothing.  You can always
requeen later.