From:
Chuck Norton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 12:41:58 -0500
Hello and Happy New Year to All,

On Wed, 4 Jan Michael Palmer wrote:

"I see Tom has lowered his prices from $250/queen, to $100. I wonder what
that's all about."

AFAIK Glenn Apiaries has taken quality assurance measures in their process
to avoid AHB infiltration; and, at $100.00 plus shipping, you can find,
IMHO, some of the best genetics in the country. I wonder if Charlie Harper
will match Glenn's prices. His line releases are always ahead due to his
USDA-ARS responsibilities, but I wonder why, He has Russians available
only "until July 2006"? From his website, www.russianbreeder.com, the
following is given:

      "In cooperation with the USDA Bee Lab in Baton Rouge, LA, we are
pleased to offer the 2006 release of Russian breeder queens. There are (2)
lines available, White Blue and White Orange. They are available now until
July 2006. ..... ...Breeder queens can be shipped in battery box or picked
up at location in 4-frame 6 1/4" nucs with her brood and bees at a price
of $300.00 each."

Cheers,

Chuck Norton
Reidsville, NC

PS. Will the new attachment feature on BEE-L allow us to attach multi-
gigabytes of high resolution hard drive space consuming photos, files,
etc.? Aaron?