From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2017 09:36:14 -0400
Hi all,

I used to sell 1000s of queen cells, back in the mid 1980s. Having worked previously for a large scale queen breeder, I preferred his method. That was to cut the ripe cells off the bars with a pocket knife and lay them on their sides on a soft cloth in a small box.

One customer paid extra if I would include his wood racks which held the cells in their natural position. Another customer took the cell frames, and put them in a nuc with brood & bees.

In my opinion, the safest method is cut and laid on their sides, being the least likely to jostle them, especially if the box is on somebody's lap, as it should be. (I used a styrofoam cooler with a jar of warm water beneath the cloth.)

PLB