Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 13:25:07 -0500
Aaron,
The book "Plants for Beekeeping in Canada and the northern USA..." by Jane
Ramsay contains many more plant species and cultivars, as well as more specific
information about each (sugar concentration in nectar, protein content of
pollen) than McGregor's book, despite that it only deals with plants in the
north. One could conclude that McGregor only dealt with the plants that were of
interest to him, or simply that his book deals with nectar/pollen plants in a
superficial way (like most plant books - not just nectar/pollen books), and
that he only wrote about the obvious &/or well known food sources. Truth is,
the only nectar/pollen book I've found to be accurate and (mostly) all
inclusive ('course I live in the north) is the Ramsay book and it's out of
print, not likely to be re-printed. I hope you get a chance one day to get a
copy.

Kathy