Date:
Sun, 6 May 2012 17:04:40 -0400
In a message dated 5/6/2012 12:50:40 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I see  pollen sold in all kind of places without any warning so it probably
ain't so  bad.

Bad advice.  Whereas many people can ingest pollen without any  problems,
and some even manage to improve (decrease sensitiviy), if they do have
allergies to pollens, as with peanuts, even a little bit could be harmful to
those few who are severely alllergic.  When asked about consuming pollen, I
always provide a caution, suggest the tiniest bit on the tongue, then wait for
 at least 30 minutes.  If that's ok, cautiously increase the amount.   Any
tingling in the tongue or lips, swelling, STOP immediately.  Any  shortness
of breath, swelling of throat, racing heart - call 911.

Jerry