From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 2009 08:11:57 -0500
Just a clarification: I have been repeatedly accused of "going to the internet" to find material to backup one case or another. Actually, my primary source of information is the Cornell University Library System. Most of the material I have quoted over the years comes from peer reviewed scientific journals. Most of these journals now make their pages available to subscribers electronically. And yes, subscribers can access them via the internet. However, I could walk over to the various libraries where these journals are stored, pull down the copies and hold them in my hand. It's quicker to get them to come up on my laptop.

Many of the researchers I know personally. Dave Tarpy, Jennifer Berry, Tom Seeley, Sue Cobey, etc., these are not eggheads. And so far as what they wear is concerned, Tom wears khakis. I don't think he owns any "bee gloves". You often see Sue working bees in a tank top. For those of you not adverse to looking at pictures on the internet, here she is wearing what I consider to be the ideal bee outfit, what I usually wear. Light blue shirt untucked, light weight bee veil, light weight hat, high top leather boots. I  own a bee suit, for working with mean bees.

http://entomology.ucdavis.edu/news/robberbees.html

another good picture

http://entomology.ucdavis.edu/news/susancobeyontodayshow.html

Pete